Monday, February 26, 2007

Sleepover update

Jadyn and Daddy told stories, read books by flashlight, and then said 'goodnight' and headed to their respective bunks.

Thirty minutes later, Jadyn, still awake climbed down the ladder and told Daddy she needed to go potty. She quickly took care of business and came back, said goodnight again, and climbed back up to her top bunk.

Twenty-five minutes later, Mark felt a hand on his arm and turned to see Jadyn standing next to his bunk. "Daddy, I have to go potty again."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes - I think I have more potties"

"Okay, go quickly, but this needs to be the last time. We need to sleep."

"Okay." She left and came back quickly. "I did have a little bit of potties."

"Honey, are you having a hard time sleeping?"

"Yes" - with a big smile.

"Are you too excited to sleep because Daddy is in your room with you?"

With a blushing smile, "Yeah. I'm just so excited that I cannot sleep. I like having a sleepover."

Daddy smiled. "Would it be easier for you if I went downstairs and waited until you fell asleep and then came back up to bed?"

Jadyn, without hesitation, replies, "Yeah."

So I tucked her in one last time, gave her a kiss, and said goodnight.

So here I am, downstairs, and in a bit I'll head back up and head to bed. So our first sleepover is a bit unconvetional, but the excitement Jadyn has is just precious. So goodnight!

No comments: