Thursday, April 26, 2007

Just a little bike ride...

On Monday, Mark went for a 55 mile bike ride with a friend, Manfred, around the north end of Lake Washington, through Seattle, and back across the I-90 floating bridge to the eastside.




Manfred (seen on the right in his disguise for a Junior High event) is a Lance Armstrong protege and easily showed me that he's in much better shape than me. We had a great time though, and when we were done, I could almost force my screaming and cramping legs to carry me to my car and drive me home. The next day, I was even able to get out of bed in the morning with much convincing and walk around a bit.



As we crossed the Ballard locks, we ran into another firefighter I know from Seattle. As you can see in this picture, the best part of the trip was wearing my 20-year old helmet and
Manfred's cool "make sure the cars can see you and don't run you over" patriotic shirt! I swallowed my dignity and had a great time anyways.

Thanks for a great day, Manfred!

No comments: