Thursday, March 05, 2009

Reach down deep and pull one out of your memory bank...

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... like a year ago, I used the Top Gun expression, "Negative Ghostwriter, the pattern is full," with my kids to say no to things. I probably did this for a few weeks or months, but literally haven't said it in a very, very long time. (You know... passing fads, etc.)

Tuesday this week, Julie and the girls are sitting at the dinner table (I'm at work) and Julie asks Karina if she had finished her dinner, to which Karina replies, "Negative." Now Karina has never really used this expression, so it caught Julie off-guard. "What was that?" she asked in curiosity. "I said 'negative'; that means I'm not done yet."

Since then she's continued using 'negative' as her way of saying no. Way to reach back and pull one out of your memory bank, Karina!

Daddy: "Would you like a banana for snack?" - Karina: "Negative."

Mommy: "Is it raining outside right now?" - Karina: "Negative."

Jadyn: "It's my turn to play with the race cars, Karina." - Karina: "Negative."

No comments: