Wednesday, August 30, 2006

An experiment with cloning



Jadyn and Mommy have been working on a cloning project... you see, one Jadyn was aparently not enough. With lots of hard work, including cutting, coloring, and glueing, the experiment was a complete success. Jadyn now has an identical twin~


On another note, one of those heart-warming anecdotes where your kids are at their most precious moments...

We went to a friend's wedding last Saturday. After the ceremony, Jadyn and I (Daddy) found our way to the cake table, took a few pieces, and sat down in some chairs to satisfy our sweet tooths. As we were sitting there, I asked Jadyn what she thought of the wedding. She said she liked it, and that she liked the bride's pretty dress.

I asked, "are you going to get married someday and wear a pretty dress like that?"

"Yea," she replied, looking a little embarrased and shy.

"Who are you going to marry," I continued.

Her sheepish smile turned to a lost look of confusion, as if to say, "I never thought of that." She furrowed her brow for a few seconds longer, and then grinned again and said, "I'm gonna marry you, Daddy!" As my heart melted, her look again turned to confusion as a new realization hit her, "But wait... you're already married."

I laughed and replied, "that's right."

"That's okay," she smiled back at me. "Maybe Mommy and I can both be married to you."

Precious moments like these make it all worth it.

No comments: