Tuesday, November 14, 2006

At least she knows why...

Ever have one of those morning where you're trying to get out the door in a hurry...

Today was one such morning for Julie and the girls... heading off to MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) - I know, it sounds like a survival group, like AA, but for mothers surviving their days with their kids. "My name is Sally, and I have three kids, and I haven't slept in 2,345 days." "Hi, Sally..." Actually, it's a very cool group, and not like that at all :-)

Anyways... we were "encouraging" Jadyn to finish her breakfast quickly so that she would be ready to go. But anyone who knows Jadyn understands that she loves to talk and sing, especially at the table. Here's how the conversation went:

Daddy: "Jadyn, please finish eating your last bites of FruitLoops"

Jadyn takes one bite. Then begins singing, "Jesus loves me..."

Daddy, "Jadyn, I love it when you sing, but Mommy is getting ready to go, so I need you to finish eating first. Then you'll have lots of time to sing"

Jadyn takes one more bite, then begins talking about something she sees outside.

Daddy, "Honey, you need to hurry, so I don't want to hear any more words until your food is gone."

Jadyn, shrugging her shoulders and holding her palms face up, replies matter-of-factly, "I know... I'm trying to hurry, but I just have so many words to say!"

No comments: