Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Cheetos... but not the kind you'd want to eat!

We were working in the garage today while Jadyn was at school. Karina was playing in the yard when she came running in and excitedly announced, "Daddy - I found a cheeto. Come look!"

With a thought of disgust and panic, I quickly instructed her that she shouldn't eat a cheeto that she found on the ground, and Karina turned and gave me a puzzled look as if she were saying, "Well... duh! Why would I ever eat something off the ground?" (Of course, as parents we know the truth about that one...)

I followed her around to the side of the house as she took me to see the treasure she had found. As she crouched down and pointed, I leaned over and saw the "cheeto." I smiled and had to laugh - her "cheeto" was a little, black "beetle." I guess they sound enough alike in her mind - cheeto, beetle - it's all the same, isn't it?

Well... now I know why I got the look, "Silly Daddy, now why would I ever eat a cheeto?"

So the moral of this story is... if Karina ever offers you a Cheeto, make sure you ask for the orange ones!

No comments: