Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Away in a manger...

At our house, we have a small tree that the girls get to decorate and undecorate however they want, when ever they feel the need arise. This saves most of the ornaments on our big tree from being destroyed so easily. I was very surprised this weekend to find it almost completely bare. There were only 2 ornaments out of about 30 things they usually have on it. I, at first, assumed our sweet Molly Twinkles was the helper of this, and went looking for all of the "hidden" ornaments around the house. (We have learned that our kitten is very good at stealing things and stashing them.) But then, I was quickly owing her an apology. The girls had decided that the stable needed the decorations much more than the tree. I asked them today why they decided to do that, and the response: "Because Jesus needs the party stuff, not the tree. It's his birthday party house. The tree doesn't need a party."So, I guess there won't be any of that quiet nativity scene stuff happening around here. Jesus has a party house to hang out in.

1 comment:

Jeana said...

That's hilarious! I can hear Jesus now, "Hey guys! Party at my crib...er...manger."