Thursday, December 06, 2007

"Mommy come quick!"

Those were the words I heard at top volume tonight as I dropped everything and ran to see who was bleeding to death in our front room. Today was one of those tough days (that thankfully don't happen very often) where Jadyn and Karina spent most of their time arguing and generally making each other miserable for no real reason at all.
Instead of near death, I found my two girls hugging each other in front of our Christmas tree. "This is so cute, you have to take a picture of us!" Even Jadyn couldn't help but notice the cute moment as it was happening. Apparently, while I was in the kitchen finishing up dinner dishes, they were in having a "big talk" about how much they love each other and how cute they are when they are "really sisters". Sweet words to any mother's ears. (I just wish that they would have had their "talk" earlier this morning instead of right before bedtime.)

Once again, even in the chaos of the day, I find myself being so thankful that we have these two amazing little girls that are not only sisters, but best friends as well.

No comments: