Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The best treasure

We were eating dinner yesterday, having our usual interesting conversations, when I noticed that Jadyn was sitting very still all of a sudden with her hand over her chest. Of course, being a good worrying parent, I immediately asked if she was hurting or having a hard time breathing or anything of that nature. She just looked at me without saying a word, just a little smile forming on her lips.

I asked what in the world she was thinking about with such a strange face and her hand still on her chest.

Her reply: "I was just thinking how nice it is to have God with me where ever I go. I can remind myself anytime just by touching my heart- that is where God lives. When I have a hard time, like last night, I know that He is close to me and I am his best treasure. I like being a treasure--especially the best one."
Once again, I find myself being reminded of what is most important from my little girl. I love that God looks at us and sees us as his very best treasure. And how good it is to hear your daughter believing it with all her heart. :o)

No comments: