Monday, May 21, 2007

I feel so loved!

As most of you that read our blog know, Mark and I have worked with the junior high group at our church for many years. We have made the hard decision this year to leave this ministry in order to be more involved with what our own girls are doing. Our official last day with the group will be on Sunday, June 3rd.

We just announced this to the whole group last Wednesday night. The staff surprised us with cake, gorgeous flowers and a gift card to a restaurant we love.
And then as if that was not enough, on Sunday after church, I had lunch with my 7th grade girls, (the grade I work with specifically), which we do every month during the school year. They completely surprised me with an amazing chocolate cake (they know I love chocolate) and a beautiful quilt that has all of their names on it with a group picture.
It is so sweet that they not only thought to do something so nice, but to think of things that are so personal and perfect for me. Once again, proof that junior high students are capable of doing so much more than people give them credit for. I am going to be leaving a big part of my heart with this group when we leave. Thank you all so much for making me feel so special!

No comments: