Thursday, May 24, 2007

An unexpected night of fun

Last night I had the fun chance to go to see the Sounders play soccer. I was invited by a new friend I met at MOPS a couple of weeks ago. We had great box seats where we could see everything perfectly! I took a couple of pictures, but mostly just enjoyed the company and watching the game. We won 1-0 against the Railhawks in case any of you wanted to know. At one point, we were thinking this was more like a hockey game than a soccer game. Our goalie took it upon himself to take out one of the other teams' players. After a frustrating play, he walked by and stuck his arm straight out right at the other guys face level. Very unexpected to everybody. The team swarmed all around ready to fight all involved. Pretty crazy!






Here you can see the poor guy in the background after the commotion had subsided for the most part. The uncaring ones in white are our Sounders. The goalie and the injured guy were both out of the game afterwards.


A big thank you to Davia for thinking of me and inviting me to hang out with you for the night. I had a lot of fun! (Also thanks to your husband for giving up his ticket.) I am sure we will get together again sometime very soon! Thanks again!

No comments: