Monday, March 24, 2008

Shall we call him "Rerun"...

Welll... I think it's officially time for me to retire from soccer. 5 years ago I tore my ACL playing soccer, had it repaired, and it's been great ever since.

Great, that is, until last Saturday. I played in a fundraiser even with Fire & Police officers from all over the northwest - an all-day soccer competition. In the championship game (our team made it to the finals for the rec-level competition), my knee buckled under me again. Unfortunately, I know the feeling of blowing out my knee from past experience, and the swelling is in all the right places to confirm that I definitely blew it out again.

So here I sit, icing my knee, and I go back to my Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow to find out what my next 3 to 6 months will be looking like. My hope and prayer is that it's not my ACL again, but maybe just a cartilage tear that will take a few months to heal instead of a full 6.


Just me and my cat, enjoying a slower pace of life.

Always looking for the positve.... when Jadyn was saying goodnite to Mommy today, she did say, "I'm sad that Daddy hurt his knee... but I am a little glad that he doesn't have to go to work for a while and gets to stay home with us."

That's my girl!

No comments: