Saturday, February 16, 2008

Home again...

I touched down back to rainy Seattle last night from the beautiful snow covered mountains of Montana. It was a great week, and I am so thankful for the chance to have gotten to go for so long. Mark did an amazing job with the girls....I have been hearing about it nonstop all day since we first woke up this morning. I have even been called Daddy least a dozen times. My favorite stories so far involve the step by step process of how Daddy does hair differently then me and how much/often our sweet Molly Twinkles disrupted everything on purpose. It sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun!

My Mom is doing much better this week than last. Thank you to all who have been so concerned. Recovery from back surgery is slow, but hopefully, will keep progressing on schedule, so she continues to see improvements everyday. I now leave her in the hands of her husband, Ed, and her amazing best friend, Naureen.

I have to take just a minute to introduce you to my Mom's best friend. Sometimes, you get a chance to meet someone who just does it right- Naureen is definitely one of them. I know that she would probably never want anyone to know all that she does, but I couldn't help myself. When you meet someone like this, they leave such a footprint on you, you have to talk about them. This woman somehow keeps track of her family (husband, 5 kids, 5 cats), 3 Girl Scout troops, 1 Boy Scout troop, and all of the friends and family that go along with all of those, plus manages to be there for my Mom in ways that only a super hero could pull off. Her family was so much fun to be around. Their love for each other is so genuine and contagious. I am very thankful that my Mom has such a good friend close by to be there for her and encourage her.

Naureen, thank you so much for all of the love and laughter you share so easily. I just wish you lived closer to Washington. (hint...hint...hint...)

No comments: