Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Priceless Momemts...

Tonight, as I was tucking Jadyn in to bed, we were talking about how she has a hard time falling asleep sometimes. As we talked about the reasons why, she suddenly became overcome with a case of the giggles at something I said.

She knew Karina had already been tucked in, so she tried hard to hold her hands over her mouth to keep the sound of her uncontrollable giggling down to a minimun, but it was still a futile effort.

As I watched her giggle so purely and joyfully, and then try so hard to cover it up, the inevitable happened and I began to giggle, too. I asked her what was making her laugh, but she couldn't even stop long enough to tell me. This giggle was such a cute, perfect, infectious little girl giggle - the kind you see in movies or read about in books that always makes you smile.

It took us the good part of 10 minutes to get our giggles under control, and after she was settled back down again, she cocked her head ever so slightly on her pillow and looked at me with the most adoring eyes and subtle smile. It was the highlight of my day (and possibly hers, too).

These are the moments you treasure forever in your heart as a parent.

1 comment:

Jeana said...

This is so beautiful!