Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another step towards growing up...

We were talking with some friends a few weeks ago about kids losing teeth, and I mentioned that our Jadyn is 6 years-old and still hasn't lost any teeth. She has always been short one tooth in the front on the bottom - it just never came in - but she hasn't lost any yet or even had loose ones. She's really been wanting to loose a tooth - many of her friends already have, and it's a big sign of growing up some more - getting those "grown-up" teeth.

The same afternoon while we were eating lunch, Julie and I noticed that one of her front teeth has really moved over to the side in the open space. I asked Jadyn if she has any loose teeth, and she sadly replied, "no." So I asked her to open wide and reached in, and sure enough - her first loose tooth! It's actually so loose I think she'll loose it this week for sure. She was so excited - her radiant smile beamed from ear to ear as she proclaimed, "I'm going to get my first grown-up tooth!"

Not two days later we noticed one of her front top teeth is also becoming loose. What a big girl - yay for Jadyn!


No comments: