Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gone, but not forgotten...

After 9 years of love, we recently sold our Mazda Protege. It was a sad day for all of us, but necessary. What I didn't realize, however, was how attached our Karina was to it, until today...

Karina: "Is the Mazda going to be home today?"

Julie: "Umm, no Honey. Remember, we sold that to someone else a little while ago? Daddy just drives the blue car now."

Karina: "But I want to see it. Is that new guy washing it?"

Julie: "I am not sure. Probably."

Karina: "But is he? Does he have a Daddy to keep it clean when crumbs get off his food because he needs to or it will be not so happy there."

Julie: "I'm sure he is taking care of it. We really don't need to worry about it anymore."

Karina: "Oh. (Pauses deep in thought.) So can we go see it today after nap? I am not going to worry it. I want to see it for a little minute."

2 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

WOW! She is hugely attached to that car! How dare you sell it!!!!! ;-D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.